Flying High Futures
Teaching School Hub
Early Career Framework (ECF)
Early Career Teachers
Flying High Teaching School Hub partners with Education Development Trust (EDT) to deliver the Early Career Framework (ECF) across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
This two-year programme provides teachers with the essential specialist support they need to improve their practice and build confidence following their Initial Teacher Training. It arms early career teachers with skills they can use in the classroom straight away and offers the structured support needed to help them be the best teachers they can be.
How does the programme work?
Education Development Trust have worked closely with schools and with the Sheffield Institute of Education, part of Sheffield Hallam University to develop this evidence-led programme to ensure it is based on what really works and how pupils learn.
Early career teachers are provided with opportunities to learn the theory, put theory into practice, and reflect on personal and professional development with the support of their mentor. Activities include:
- Face-to-face and webinar sessions with expert input from specialist organisations, exploring effective classroom practice across settings, phases and specialisms.
- Regional and local training sessions.
- Regular mentoring sessions centring around the benefits of Instructional Coaching and exploring content with a focus on learning, practising, and reflecting.
- Opportunities for reflection and discussion as well as carefully timed self-study.
Role of Mentors
Excellent mentoring is key to the success of the ECF initiative. This Programme is centred around developing the mentor relationship and includes a focussed learning pathway for mentors.
We work with in-school mentors to learn new mentoring and coaching techniques, enabling them to strengthen essential skills that they can use throughout their careers. Specialist training and support will ensure each mentor is confident in their knowledge of the Early Career Framework and develops their mentoring skills so that the early career teachers they work with get the very best from the Programme.
How to Register
To register your Early Career Teacher follow these steps:
- Register with DfE for the Full Induction Programme
- Register with EDT and select Flying High Teaching School as Delivery Partner
- Register with an Appropriate Body Service
- Inform the Hub you have registered
Please contact the Early Career Team email@example.com for further help and information.
Follow @EdDevTrust_ECF for programme updates.
Discover our CPD Portal
Please visit our CPD portal to search for all of our professional learning opportunities and events. This includes all Inspiring Leaders events, including our annual leadership conference and events for those interested in training to teach.